What to Bring
Papers to bring
- Any insurance and/or Medicare/Medicaid cards
- Be prepared to pay any co-pays or deductibles that might be due from your insurance company
- Medical history (previous surgeries or medial conditions, allergies, etc.)
- List of medications you take
- Advance directive if you have one
All patients are asked to only bring essential toiletries; i.e. pajamas, robe, and non-skid slippers. Large amounts of money, jewelry or valuables should be left at home or deposited in the hospital safe until discharge. Dentures, eyeglasses, and contact lenses should be kept in protective containers when not in use. Personal medications should also be left at home. The hospital cannot be responsible for valuables kept at your bedside.